Freelance Sewing Expert - San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Part-Time
Collective Press is looking for a creative sewing expert to work part-time in our SF studio. We are a digital media startup making online instructional or “how-to” videos in lifestyle verticals: cooking, DIY, beauty, and more. You'll be immersed in learning the best of digital and social media content.
We are looking for someone to come in at least 3 days a week from 9am to 5pm for a three month contract.
- Production of DIY sewing videos to spec from start to finish: concept, ordering materials in advance, shooting and being in the video (the “hands”) as sewing expert, and styling the end product
- Communicate with video editors
- Uploading and publishing of videos
- Ability to work with other members of the team to help produce video to spec
- Clean up materials and tidy workspace after video wrap up
- Passionate and experienced in sewing (5+ years experience)
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to learn basic camera operation, experience with DSLR cameras a plus
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Operate well in deadline-driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Self-starter and team player
About Collective Press
Collective Press is a digital media startup company that was founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Stanford, and UPenn. It owns several digital publications spanning a variety of topics: news, trending stories, home, cooking, diy, and more. For more information, visit collectivepress.com
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.