Hair Stylist & Model - San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Part-Time
Collective Press is looking for a part-time creative hair stylist/model to join our SF office. We are digital media startup making online videos in lifestyle verticals: make-up, hair styling, nail painting, fashion, DIY, and more. You'll be immersed in learning the best of digital and social media content.
We have shoots available Monday-Thursday.
We are looking for candidates who can come in on a regular basis at least 2 times a week (with a minimum of a 3-4 hour
shoot each time). This is a part-time role for 3 months. At the end of 3 months, we can re-assess. If you enjoy the role & are excelling, we are happy to renew. As a part-time employee, perks include: happy hour invites, free office snacks, etc.
- Shoot and appear in hair styling tutorial/tips videos (primary responsibility)
- Assist with production of hair styling videos to spec from start to finish: shopping and prepping materials in advance, appearing in the video, and video wrap up
- Be able to execute on the hair styling techniques both on yourself and on others
- Ability to work with other members of the team to help produce video to spec
- Generate content ideas for hair videos
- Manage and order all supplies for videos in organized manner
- Other admin tasks as assigned
- Strong technical experience with hair styling (e.g. bridal hair, hair braiding, updo styling, etc.)
- Ability to style one's own hair
- Solid knowledge of old/new hair styling trends
- Comfortable appearing on camera
- Operate well in deadline-driven environment
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Self-starter and team player
About Collective Press
Collective Press is a digital media startup company that was founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Stanford, and UPenn. It owns several digital publications spanning a variety of topics: news, trending stories, home, cooking, diy, and more. For more information, visit collectivepress.com
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.